Friday, June 4, 2010

Robin Hood (2010)

Ridley is masterful, and when he works with Crowe, good things happen. It was no “Gladiator” but then again, there are only a handful of films in film history that are that good. The story was great, and it helped reinvent the legend in a way we had never seen before. Held my attention for sure. I saw it twice. Sequel? Not likely. Scott rarely engages in them, and with two Alien prequels on the horizon, and Crowe’s age, this looks to be the end of the road for the duo, as far as Robin Longstride is concerned. Don’t sleep on them though. I’m sure they’ll pop something else out in the near future. 8/10

-Travis Stauffer

1 comment:

  1. First. I liked the film with the exception of Scott's remake of D-Day on the english shores. Second. I know for a fact Crowe has already said they were planning on making a sequel.(Source:BBC America Talkshow "Friday Night With Jonathan Ross")

    ReplyDelete