Friday, June 4, 2010

Get Him to the Greek (2010)

No “Sarah Marshall.” This one was almost great (as far as comedies go). However, it took a fatal turn, one very similar to “Step Brothers.” The last 20-25 minutes of the film seemed to drag on a bit. To the writers, I assure you, I didn't see this film, so that I could find a deeper message hidden within the crude humor. Your ending tore things up a little bit. Up until that point I was thoroughly satisfied. However, that time just really brought it down a notch. Fun movie, and is definitely good for some laughs. Aldous Snow is a great character, but I think that he, like “Shrek” needs to move on. Jonah Hill was fun, and the brief connection we see to “Forgetting Sarah Marshall,” was a good add in. The hour or so in the middle was hilarious, but as it moved towards the end, it just became fatal. I think I want to see Russell Brand more, but I’m trying to decide in what capacity. Because I don’t think I ever want to see him as a lead character again. But I guess time will tell. A little Russell goes a long way, and that may have been the problem towards the end of this one. 6/10

-Travis Stauffer

No comments:

Post a Comment